Owner ...is referring to any person who owns a French Bulldog Breed of dog.
Breeder ... is referring to any person who chooses to breed from a Dogue de Bordeaux dog they own or co own whether they are registered kennel or not.
* Will properly house ,appropriately feed, exercise and provide fresh water for all dogs under their care and arrange for any appropriate veterinary attention if and when required immediately.
* Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled unless for medical reasons. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes as they understand not all puppies in a litter are of breed standard quality.
* Will agree not to sire out any dog or breed from any bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the Breed in general. And will not breed from any bitch under the age of 22 months or males under the age of 12 months of age unless heart certified by a cardiac specialist first with a clear result..
* Will not allow any of their dogs to intentionally roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or the general public and those carrying out official duties.
* Will ensure that their dogs are up to date with current registration required by your local council and microchipping done for identification .
* Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited / or exercised and keep them under control at all times.
* Will only sell puppies / dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the rehoming of a dog if the initial circumstances change and be available to the owner for advice at all time in the pups life..
* Will supply a comprehensive puppy pack with all dietary and general care information and make guidance / support concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home available to all new puppy owners for the life of the pup whether they are sole owner or co owned by myself.
* Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, if required in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
* Will not sell any dog to commercial dog breeders , retail pet shops or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Nor will they sell for sale by auction.
* Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs ,nor mislead any person regarding the health , quality or lines of a dog and will show any health testing paperwork ( hip / elbow scores , heart cleared certification etc) to buyer on request.
* Will act in a responsible manner ,as a large breed owner ,so as not to compromise the public perception of the breed..
* Will do all appropriate health testing including hip / elbow scoring and consider heart certificate clearance as it is highly recommended ,undertaken by a Cardiac specialist , and will stay with a minimum differential of the breed average for hips /elbows , as specified by the FCI at the time , and will only breed from a dog /Bitch that has passed these tests to an appropriate standard so as not to be detrimental to the breed health in the future.
* Will put endorsements, or place on the limited register with the KSS , that all pet quality pups are not to be bred from and are to be desexed by a certain age (set down by the owner but preferably not before 12 months of age due to growth in large breeds and will send confirmation of the desexing to the breeder ) or pups will be sterilised by you before rehoming to there new homes .
* Will put into place a contract on full register pups with firm stipulations as to how many pups can be placed on full register should the owner breed in the future , and to also state that all relevant health tests ( hip / elbow scoring & highly recommend Heart certification ) are also to be untaken and analysed to an acceptable standard for the breed before any breeding is to take place.
* Will also state that no bitch can be bred from under the age of 22 months of age and no male used at stud under the age of 18 months of age .
* Will feed your bitch the appropriate diet required for a pregnant /Lactating bitch and will seek veterinary treatment any time during the pregnancy / whelp keeping the bitches best interest always as your top priority..
* Provide to all purchasers of dogs sold or placed (owned or coowned) by himself (or coowner) written details of all dietary and immunisation requirements and /or appropriate publication relating to such requirements and responsible dog ownership and make myself available to all owners through out the life of the pup / dog..
* Not mislead any person regarding the performance of any dog. All advertising pertaining to any dog owned (or coowned) by a member shall be factual and not worded so as to be misleading.
* Not breed from any bitch under 22 months of age. Shall not breed from any bitch more than twice in any successive 12 month period. In the event a bitch is bred twice in a 12 month period, then under no circumstances will breed with the bitch for a period of 12 months after the second litter.
* Not knowingly or otherwise allow any dogs owned (or coowned) by himself or any dogs under his care to be mated to a different breed, unregistered dog, or crossbred dog.
* Not sell any French Bulldog puppy under the age of 8 weeks and then only if there are no contagious diseases in the kennel and all puppies have been properly vaccinated.
* Not breed from any stud or bitch that is not in good health. I shall not allow my stud (owned or coowned) to service any bitch that is unscored, not in good health or displays any severe faults
* Will not knowingly or purposely breed from any dog who has a portrayed bad temperament problems.